Terms Used In Missouri Laws 415.020
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
The proprietor, lessee or manager of any public warehouse provided for by sections 415.010 to 415.050 shall be required, before transacting any business in such warehouse, to procure from the circuit court of the county in which such warehouse is situated (or if to procure license for a public warehouse in the city of St. Louis, application shall be made to the circuit court of said city) a license permitting such proprietor, lessee or manager to transact business as a public warehouseman under the laws of this state, which license shall expire on* December thirty-first next following issuance thereof, and which shall be otherwise renewed annually as provided under the laws of this state. Such license shall be issued by the clerk of the circuit court upon written application and shall set forth the location and the name of such warehouse, and the individual name of each person interested as owner or principal in the management of same, or if the warehouse be owned or managed by a corporation, the names of the president, secretary and treasurer of such corporation shall be stated; such license shall give authority to carry on and conduct the business of a public warehouse, other than a warehouse for the storage of grain, for any calendar year or portion thereof, shall be renewed annually thereafter in accordance with the laws of this state, and shall be revocable by the circuit court upon a summary proceeding before the court, upon the complaint of any person, in writing, setting forth the particular violation of the law, to be sustained by the satisfactory proof and to be taken in such manner as may be directed by the court.