1. Felonies are classified for the purpose of sentencing into the following five categories:
(1) Class A felonies;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 557.016
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) Class B felonies;
(3) Class C felonies;
(4) Class D felonies; and
(5) Class E felonies.
2. Misdemeanors are classified for the purpose of sentencing into the following four categories:
(1) Class A misdemeanors;
(2) Class B misdemeanors;
(3) Class C misdemeanors; and
(4) Class D misdemeanors.
3. Infractions are not further classified.