1. Any offender committed to the department of corrections, except those persons committed pursuant to subsection 7 of section 558.016, or subsection 3 of section 566.125, may receive additional credit in terms of days spent in confinement upon recommendation for such credit by the offender’s institutional superintendent when the offender meets the requirements for such credit as provided in subsections 3 and 4 of this section. Good time credit may be rescinded by the director or his or her designee pursuant to the divisional policy issued pursuant to subsection 3 of this section.
2. Any credit extended to an offender shall only apply to the sentence which the offender is currently serving.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 558.041
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
3. The director of the department of corrections shall issue a policy for awarding credit. The policy may reward an inmate who has served his or her sentence in an orderly and peaceable manner and has taken advantage of the rehabilitation programs available to him or her. Any violation of institutional rules or the laws of this state may result in the loss of all or a portion of any credit earned by the inmate pursuant to this section.
4. The department shall cause the policy to be published in the code of state regulations.
5. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated under the authority of this chapter shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.