|Part 1||General Provisions||§ 50-30-101 – § 50-30-108|
|Part 2||Hazardous Substances||§ 50-30-201 – § 50-30-220|
|Part 3||Prohibited Acts, Penalties, and Remedies||§ 50-30-301 – § 50-30-307|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 30
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Customary: means according to usage. See Montana Code 1-1-206
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Montana Code 1-1-202
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Usual: means according to usage. See Montana Code 1-1-206
- Writing: includes printing. See Montana Code 1-1-203