|Part 1||Uniform Disposition of Community Property Rights at Death||§ 72-9-101 – § 72-9-120|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 72 > Chapter 9 - Disposition of Community Property Rights At Death
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Personal property: means money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Montana Code 1-1-205
- Probate: Proving a will
- Real property: means lands, tenements, hereditaments, and possessory title to public lands. See Montana Code 1-1-205