|Part 1||Creation — Expansion — Powers||§ 7-10-101 – § 7-10-115|
|Part 2||Project — Funding||§ 7-10-201 – § 7-10-222|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 7 > Chapter 10
- Agency: means any board, bureau, commission, department, authority, or officer of the state or local government authorized by law to make rules, determine contested cases, or enter into contracts except:
(a) the legislature and any branch, committee, or officer thereof;
(b) the judicial branches and any committee or officer thereof;
(c) the governor, except that an agency is not exempt because the governor has been designated as a member thereof; or
(d) the state military establishment and agencies concerned with civil defense and recovery from hostile attack. See Montana Code 2-3-102
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- asbestos-related claim: means an action brought for the recovery of monetary damages for personal injury, wrongful death, loss or consortium, or other injury arising out of an asbestos-related disease that is alleged to result from the mining of vermiculite, the processing of vermiculite, or the transfer, storage, installation, or removal of a product containing vermiculite. See Montana Code 3-20-101
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- project: means one or a combination of water systems, together with all parts of the systems and appurtenances to the systems, including but not limited to supply and distribution systems, reservoirs, dams, and treatment and disposal works. See Montana Code 7-10-201
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Trial jury: A group of citizens who hear the evidence presented by both sides at trial and determine the facts in dispute. Federal criminal juries consist of 12 persons. Federal civil juries consist of six persons.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Writing: includes printing. See Montana Code 1-1-203