For purposes of the DNA Identification Information Act:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 29-4103
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: shall include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(1) Combined DNA Index System means the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s national DNA identification index system that allows the storage and exchange of DNA records submitted by state and local forensic DNA laboratories;
(2) DNA means deoxyribonucleic acid which is located in the cells and provides an individual’s personal genetic blueprint. DNA encodes genetic information that is the basis of human heredity and forensic identification;
(3) DNA record means the DNA identification information stored in the State DNA Database or the Combined DNA Index System which is derived from DNA typing test results;
(4) DNA sample means a blood, tissue, or bodily fluid sample provided by any person covered by the DNA Identification Information Act for analysis or storage, or both;
(5) DNA typing tests means the laboratory procedures which evaluate the characteristics of a DNA sample which are of value in establishing the identity of an individual;
(6) Law enforcement agency includes a police department, a town marshal, a county sheriff, and the Nebraska State Patrol;
(7) Other specified offense means misdemeanor stalking pursuant to sections 28-311.02 to 28-311.05 or false imprisonment in the second degree pursuant to section 28-315 or an attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit stalking pursuant to sections 28-311.02 to 28-311.05 , false imprisonment in the first degree pursuant to section 28-314 , false imprisonment in the second degree pursuant to section 28-315 , knowing and intentional sexual abuse of a vulnerable adult or senior adult pursuant to subdivision (1)(c) of section 28-386 , or a violation of the Sex Offender Registration Act pursuant to section 29-4011 ; and
(8) Released means any release, parole, furlough, work release, prerelease, or release in any other manner from a prison, a jail, or any other detention facility or institution.