The State DNA Database is established. The Nebraska State Patrol shall administer the State DNA Database and shall provide DNA records to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for storage and maintenance in the Combined DNA Index System. The patrol shall provide for liaison with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other law enforcement agencies in regard to the state’s participation in the Combined DNA Index System. The State DNA Database shall store and maintain DNA records related to:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 29-4104
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(1) Forensic casework, including, but not limited to, forensic casework relating to missing persons, relatives of missing persons, and unidentified human remains;
(2) Convicted offenders required to provide a DNA sample under the DNA Identification Information Act;
(3) Anonymous DNA records used for research or quality control; and
(4) Missing persons, relatives of missing persons, and unidentified human remains.