(1) Hospital means a facility where diagnosis, treatment, medical care, obstetrical care, nursing care, or related services are provided on an outpatient basis or on an inpatient basis for a period of more than twenty-four consecutive hours to persons who have an illness, injury, or deformity or to aged or infirm persons requiring or receiving convalescent care.
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 71-419
- Care: means the exercise of concern or responsibility for the comfort, welfare, and habilitation of persons, including a minimum amount of supervision and assistance with or the provision of personal care, activities of daily living, health maintenance activities, or other supportive services. See Nebraska Statutes 71-407
- Critical access hospital: means a facility (1) with acute care inpatient beds where care or treatment is provided on an outpatient basis or on an inpatient basis to persons for an average period of not more than ninety-six hours and emergency services are provided on a twenty-four-hour basis, (2) which has formal agreements with at least one hospital and other appropriate providers for services such as patient referral and transfer, communications systems, provision of emergency and nonemergency transportation, and backup medical and emergency services, and (3) which is located in a rural area. See Nebraska Statutes 71-409
- General acute hospital: means a hospital with a duly constituted governing body where medical, nursing, surgical, anesthesia, laboratory, diagnostic radiology, pharmacy, and dietary services are provided on an inpatient or outpatient basis by the organized medical staff of such hospital. See Nebraska Statutes 71-412
- Health care practitioner facility: means the residence, office, or clinic of a practitioner or group of practitioners credentialed under the Uniform Credentialing Act or any distinct part of such residence, office, or clinic. See Nebraska Statutes 71-414
- Hospital: includes a facility or part of a facility which provides space for a general acute hospital, a rehabilitation hospital, a long-term care hospital, a critical access hospital, or a psychiatric or mental hospital. See Nebraska Statutes 71-419
- Hospital does not: include a health care practitioner facility in which persons do not receive care or treatment for a period of more than twenty-four consecutive hours. See Nebraska Statutes 71-419
- Long-term care hospital: means a hospital or any distinct part of a hospital that provides the care and services of an intermediate care facility, a nursing facility, or a skilled nursing facility. See Nebraska Statutes 71-422
- Psychiatric or mental hospital: means a hospital that provides psychiatric services on an inpatient or outpatient basis to persons who have a mental disease, disorder, or disability. See Nebraska Statutes 71-426
- Rehabilitation hospital: means a hospital that provides an integrated program of medical and other services for the rehabilitation of disabled persons. See Nebraska Statutes 71-427
- Treatment: means a therapy, modality, product, device, or other intervention used to maintain well being or to diagnose, assess, alleviate, or prevent a disability, injury, illness, disease, or other similar condition. See Nebraska Statutes 71-431
(2) Hospital includes a facility or part of a facility which provides space for a general acute hospital, a rehabilitation hospital, a long-term care hospital, a critical access hospital, or a psychiatric or mental hospital.
(3) Hospital does not include a health care practitioner facility in which persons do not receive care or treatment for a period of more than twenty-four consecutive hours.