1. Any proceedings to terminate the parental rights of the parent of an Indian child pursuant to this chapter must include the testimony of at least one qualified expert witness as provided in the Indian Child Welfare Act.
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 128.093
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
2. As used in this section, ‘qualified expert witness’ includes, without limitation:
(a) An Indian person who has personal knowledge about the Indian child’s tribe and its customs related to raising a child and the organization of the family; and
(b) A person who has:
(1) Substantial experience and training regarding the customs of Indian tribes related to raising a child; and
(2) Extensive knowledge of the social values and cultural influences of Indian tribes.