1. A person who:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 486.375
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Director: means the Director of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
(a) Is a resident of this State or is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States stationed at a military installation located in Nevada;
(b) Is at least 21 years old;
(c) Holds a motorcycle driver’s license or a motorcycle endorsement to a driver’s license issued by the Department;
(d) Has held a motorcycle driver’s license or endorsement for at least 2 years; and
(e) Is certified as an instructor of motorcycle riders by a nationally recognized public or private organization which is approved by the Director, may apply to the Department for a license as an instructor for the Program.
2. The Department shall not license a person as an instructor if, within 2 years before the person submits an application for a license:
(a) The person has accumulated three or more demerit points pursuant to the uniform system of demerit points established pursuant to NRS 483.473, or has been convicted of traffic violations of comparable number and severity in another jurisdiction; or
(b) The person’s driver’s license was suspended or revoked in any jurisdiction.
3. The Director shall adopt standards and procedures for the licensing of instructors for the Program.