|General Provisions||486.011 – 486.057|
|Drivers? Licenses||486.061 – 486.171|
|Operation and Equipment||486.180 – 486.361|
|Education and Safety of Motorcycle Riders||486.363 – 486.381|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 486
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Charter school: means a public school that is formed pursuant to the provisions of chapter 388A of NRS. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Director: means the Director of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- full legal name: means a natural person"s first name, middle name and family name or last name, without the use of initials or a nickname. See Nevada Revised Statutes 481.015
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- Probate: Proving a will
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State Board: means the State Board of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death.