|General Provisions||385A.010 – 385A.060|
|Program and Annual Reports of Accountability||385A.070 – 385A.520|
|Statewide System of Accountability||385A.600 – 385A.840|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 385A - Accountability of Public Schools
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agency which provides child welfare services: has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 432B. See Nevada Revised Statutes 127.003
- Charter school: means a public school that is formed pursuant to the provisions of chapter 388A of NRS. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Department: means the Department of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Division: means the Division of Child and Family Services of the Department of Health and Human Services. See Nevada Revised Statutes 127.003
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Indian child: has the meaning ascribed to it in 25 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 127.003
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- population: means the number of people in a specified area as determined by the last preceding national decennial census conducted by the Bureau of the Census of the United States Department of Commerce pursuant to Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution of the United States and reported by the Secretary of Commerce to the Governor pursuant to 13 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.050
- Public schools: means all kindergartens and elementary schools, junior high schools and middle schools, high schools, charter schools and any other schools, classes and educational programs which receive their support through public taxation and, except for charter schools, whose textbooks and courses of study are under the control of the State Board. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- State Board: means the State Board of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- University school for profoundly gifted pupils: has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 388C. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007