Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes 169-C:11
- Child: means any person who has not reached his eighteenth birthday. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 169-C:3
- Court: means the district court, unless otherwise indicated. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 169-C:3
- Guardian: means a parent or person appointed by a court having jurisdiction with the duty and authority to make important decisions in matters having a permanent effect on the life and development of the child, and to be concerned about the general welfare of the child. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 169-C:3
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
A subpoena may be issued pursuant to RSA 516, or upon application of a party to the proceedings, or upon the motion of the court. The court may issue subpoenas requiring the production of papers and the attendance of any person whose presence is required by the child, his parents or guardian or any other person whose presence, in the opinion of the court, is necessary.