|544-B:1||Civil Penalties for Bad Checks|
|544-B:2||Notice of Nonpayment|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 544-B - Civil Liability for Bad Checks
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- registered mail: when used in connection with the requirement for notice by mail shall mean either registered mail or certified mail. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:32-a
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- United States: shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4