|639:3||Endangering Welfare of Child or Incompetent|
|639:5||Concealing Death of a Newborn|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 639
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- state: when applied to different parts of the United States, may extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.