|649-B:3||Computer Pornography Prohibited|
|649-B:4||Certain Uses of Computer Services Prohibited|
|649-B:5||Owners or Operators of Computer Services Liable|
|649-B:6||State Criminal Jurisdiction|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 649-B - Computer Pornography and Child Exploitation Prevention
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of these laws, shall mean the section next preceding or following that in which such reference is made, unless some other is expressly designated. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:13
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- state: when applied to different parts of the United States, may extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.