|9-E:2||State Purchase of Permanent Outdoor Lighting Design|
|9-E:3||New Hampshire Dark Sky Policy|
|9-E:4||Part-Night Rate for Roadway and Area Lighting|
|9-E:5||Report by Department of Transportation|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 9-E - Outdoor Lighting Efficiency
- Armed forces: means the United States Army, Army Reserve, Navy, Naval Reserve, Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve, Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, and the Air National Guard. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:50
- biennially: when applied to meetings and elections in towns, shall mean the biennial meetings and elections required by law to be holden in the month of November biennially, dating from the commencement of biennial elections in 1878; and the word "annual" when applied to meetings and elections in towns, shall mean the annual meetings and elections required by law to be holden in the month of March. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:7
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of these laws, shall mean the section next preceding or following that in which such reference is made, unless some other is expressly designated. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:13
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- governing body: shall mean the board of selectmen in a town, the board of aldermen or council in a city or town with a town council, the school board in a school district or the village district commissioners in a village district, or when used to refer to unincorporated towns or unorganized places, or both, the county commissioners. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:48
- governor and council: shall mean the governor with the advice and consent of the council. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:31-a
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- state: when applied to different parts of the United States, may extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4
- Veteran: means any person who:
(1) Served in the United States armed forces for more than 4 years and continues to serve; or
(2) Has been discharged or released from duty in the United States armed forces with:
(A) An honorable discharge; or
(B) An uncharacterized discharge based on a service-connected injury, illness, or disability. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:50