New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 11 > Article 9A – Low-Level Radioactive Waste
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 11-9A-1||Short title|
|§ 11-9A-2||Compact entered into|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 11 > Article 9A - Low-Level Radioactive Waste
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.