Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 30 > Article 16D
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Embezzlement: In most states, embezzlement is defined as theft/larceny of assets (money or property) by a person in a position of trust or responsibility over those assets. Embezzlement typically occurs in the employment and corporate settings. Source: OCC
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.