|§ 27-3003||Expanded Polystyrene Foam Container and Polystyrene Loose Fill Packaging Ban|
|§ 27-3005||Exemptions and Waivers|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Environmental Conservation > Article 27 > Title 30
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Department: shall mean the department of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- License: shall mean an authorization by the department of consumer and worker protection to carry on various activities within its jurisdiction, which may take the form of a license, permit, registration, certification or such other form as is designated under law, regulation or rule. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall mean a natural person or an organization. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.