1. The conduct of combative sports outside the supervision of the commission or an authorized sanctioning entity is prohibited.
Terms Used In N.Y. General Business Law 1002
- Authorized sanctioning entity: means an entity allowed to oversee and conduct combative sports pursuant to regulations promulgated by the commission. See N.Y. Public Authorities Law 2049-QQ
- Combative sport: means any unarmed bout, contest, competition, match, or exhibition undertaken to entertain an audience, wherein the participants primarily grapple or wrestle, or deliver blows of any kind to, or use force in any way to manipulate, the body of another participant, and wherein the outcome and score depend entirely on such activities. See N.Y. Public Authorities Law 2049-QQ
- Commission: means the state athletic commission as provided for in section one thousand three of this article, or an agent or employee of the state athletic commission acting on its behalf. See N.Y. Public Authorities Law 2049-QQ
2. A person advances a prohibited combative sport when, acting other than as a spectator, he or she engages in conduct which materially aids any unauthorized combative sport. Such conduct includes but is not limited to conduct directed toward the creation, establishment or performance of a prohibited combative sport, toward the acquisition or maintenance of premises, paraphernalia, equipment or apparatus therefor, toward the solicitation or inducement of persons to attend or participate therein, toward the actual conduct of the performance thereof, toward the arrangement of any of its financial or promotional phases, or toward any other phase of a prohibited combative sport. One advances a prohibited combative sport when, having substantial proprietary or other authoritative control over premises being used with his or her knowledge for purposes of a prohibited combative sport, he or she permits such to occur or continue or makes no effort to prevent its occurrence or continuation.
3. A person profits from a prohibited combative sport when he or she accepts or receives money or other property with intent to participate in the proceeds of a prohibited combative sport, or pursuant to an agreement or understanding with any person whereby he or she participates or is to participate in the proceeds of a prohibited combative sport.