The commission shall have and is hereby vested with the sole direction, management, control and jurisdiction over: 1. all authorized combative sports;
Terms Used In N.Y. General Business Law 1004
- Amateur: means any participant in a combative sport authorized pursuant to this article who is not receiving or competing for, and who has never received or competed for, any purse, money, prize, pecuniary gain, or other thing of value exceeding seventy-five dollars or the allowable amount established by the authorized amateur sanctioning entity overseeing the competition. See N.Y. Public Authorities Law 2049-QQ
- Commission: means the state athletic commission as provided for in section one thousand three of this article, or an agent or employee of the state athletic commission acting on its behalf. See N.Y. Public Authorities Law 2049-QQ
2. all licenses or permits granted by the commission to any and all persons or entities who participate in authorized combative sports;
3. all determinations regarding the authorization of amateur and professional sanctioning entities;
4. all gyms, clubs, training camps and other organizations that maintain training facilities to prepare persons for participation in authorized professional combative sports;
5. the promotion of professional wrestling exhibitions to the extent provided for in this article; and
6. all contracts directly related to the conduct of authorized professional combative sports in the state of New York.
7. All disclosures to the commission shall be deemed confidential.