The local legislative body of a county, town, city or village which has resolved to establish programs for the elderly and has acquired, leased or set apart real property for such purpose may, itself or through a municipal agency, commission or board:
Terms Used In N.Y. General Municipal Law 292
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
1. construct, develop, improve, equip, maintain and operate such facility and program.
2. adopt regulations and establish fees and charges for the use thereof, and fix civil penalties for the violation of such regulations and provide for their enforcement.
3. provide and charge for all services, concessions or other usual or incidental facilities rendered, conducted or maintained thereat.
4. lease, or sublease the real property or lease, contract or otherwise agree, on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis, for the entire operation, equipment and maintenance of such facility and program, or of any part thereof, or for the rendering of various services.