Any person filing an assumed business name certificate as required by this Article may, upon ceasing to engage in business in this State under the assumed business name, withdraw the assumed business name by filing a certificate of withdrawal in the office of the register of deeds of the county in which the assumed business name certificate was filed. The certificate must be executed in the same manner as required under G.S. 66-71.6 for the execution of an assumed business name certificate and must set forth:
(1) The assumed business name being withdrawn.
(2) The book and page number of the original filing.
(3) The identification number assigned to the assumed business name by the Secretary of State (SOS ID).
(4) A real name of the person engaging in business under the assumed business name and that person’s current address.
(5) A statement that the person has ceased engaging in business under the assumed business name.
(6) The effective date of the withdrawal if it is not to be effective upon the filing of the certificate of withdrawal. ?(2016-100, s. 2; 2017-23, s. 1.)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 66-71.8
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941