Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 106 > Article 25B
- Board: means the North Carolina Board of Agriculture. See North Carolina General Statutes 106-245.31
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Agriculture. See North Carolina General Statutes 106-245.31
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See North Carolina General Statutes 106-245.31
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- month: shall be construed to mean a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed; and the word "year" a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the expression "year of our Lord. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3