1. A person is guilty of an offense if such person, through a pattern of racketeering activity or its proceeds, acquires or maintains, by investment or otherwise, control of any enterprise.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 12.1-06.1-03
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Offense: means conduct for which a term of imprisonment or a fine is authorized by statute after conviction. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
2. A person is guilty of an offense if the person is employed or associated with any enterprise and conducts or participates in the conduct of that enterprise’s affairs through a pattern of racketeering activity.
3. A knowing violation of this section is a class B felony.