1. A person is guilty of an offense by any of the following:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 12.1-06.1-02
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Offense: means conduct for which a term of imprisonment or a fine is authorized by statute after conviction. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Omission: means a failure to act. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Public servant: as used in this title and in any statute outside this title which defines an offense means any officer or employee of government, including law enforcement officers, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating in the performance of a governmental function. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
a. Intentionally organizing, managing, directing, supervising, or financing a criminal association.
b. Knowingly inciting or inducing others to engage in violence or intimidation to promote or further the criminal objectives of a criminal association.
c. Willfully furnishing advice, assistance, or direction in the conduct, financing, or management of a criminal association’s affairs with the intent to promote or further the criminal objectives of a criminal association.
d. Intentionally promoting or furthering the criminal objectives of a criminal association by inducing or committing any act or omission by a public servant in violation of official duty.
2. No person shall be convicted pursuant to this section on the basis of accountability as an accomplice unless that person aids or participates in violating this section in one of the ways specified.
3. Leading a criminal association is a class B felony.