1. A person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if the person intentionally hinders an official proceeding by noise or violent or tumultuous behavior or disturbance.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 12.1-10-04
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Official proceeding: means a proceeding heard or which may be heard before any government agency or branch or public servant authorized to take evidence under oath, including any referee, hearing examiner, commissioner, notary, or other person taking testimony or a deposition in connection with any such proceeding. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
2. A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor if the person recklessly hinders an official proceeding by noise or violent or tumultuous behavior or disturbance.