This chapter does not apply to:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 13-05-02.3
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
1. Attorneys at law who are licensed to practice in the state of North Dakota. This exemption is limited to the actions of the licensed attorney and does not extend to persons either employed by the attorney or acting on behalf of the attorney; 2. Licensed real estate brokers if the engaged activity is regulated as part of that individual‘s professional license; 3. Banks; 4. Trust companies; 5. Building and loan associations; 6. Credit unions; 7. Agencies of a state or of the federal government and employees of state or federal agencies solely pursuant to the individual’s official duties as an employee of the state or federal agency; 8. Abstract companies doing an escrow business; 9. Creditors collecting their own debts; 10. Mortgage servicing company; 11. Individuals or firms who purchase or take accounts receivable for collateral purposes; 12. Individuals employed in the capacity of creditmen upon the staff of an employer not engaged in the business of a collection agency; or
13. A public officer, receiver, or trustee acting under the order of a court.