1. If monitoring is required under section 15.1-23-06, the school district shall assign and compensate an individual to monitor a child receiving home education unless the parent notifies the school district that the parent shall select and compensate an individual to monitor the child.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 15.1-23-07
- children: includes children by birth and by adoption. See North Dakota Code 1-01-18
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- week: means seven consecutive days and the word "month" a calendar month. See North Dakota Code 1-01-33
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See North Dakota Code 1-01-33
2. The individual assigned by the school district or selected by the parent under subsection 1 must be licensed to teach by the education standards and practices board or approved to teach by the education standards and practices board.
3. Twice during each school year, the individual shall report the child’s progress to the school district superintendent or to the county superintendent if the district does not employ a superintendent.
4. If one child receives home education, the individual shall spend an average of one hour per week in contact with the child and the child’s parent. If two or more children receive home education, the individual shall spend one-half hour per month for each additional child receiving home education. If the child attends a public or an approved nonpublic school, the time may be proportionately reduced.