1. The party state committee shall set the place and time of the state party convention to be held in each general election year. Subject to party rules and bylaws, the state party convention may:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 16.1-03-14
- Ballot: means a handcount paper ballot or for an electronic voting system includes a tabulating paper ballot, recorded by optical scan reader, containing the names of offices and candidates and the questions to be voted on, which is used in conjunction with the marking device and on which votes may be recorded. See North Dakota Code 16.1-06-12
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See North Dakota Code 1-01-33
a. Nominate the legal number of qualified electors for its party for the offices of presidential electors.
b. Elect the required number of delegates and alternates to the national party convention.
c. Endorse candidates as provided under subsection 2.
2. The candidate or candidates for endorsement or election must be declared endorsed or elected under the rules of the party, and the chairman and secretary of the convention shall issue certificates of endorsement as provided in section 16.1-11-06 or certificates of election. The names of the qualified electors nominated for presidential electors the party wishes to place on the general election ballot must be certified by the chairman and secretary of the convention to the secretary of state by four p.m. on the sixty-fourth day before the general election to be placed upon the general election ballot as provided in section 16.1-06-07.1.