(A) As used in this section:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3302.26
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Performance index score: means the average of the totals derived from calculations, for each subject area, of the weighted proportion of untested students and students scoring at each level of skill described in division (A)(2) of section 3301. See Ohio Code 3302.01
(1) “Expenditure per equivalent pupils” is the total operating expenditures of a school district divided by the measure of equivalent pupils.
(2) “Measure of equivalent pupils” is the total number of students in a school district adjusted for the relative differences in costs associated with the unique characteristics and needs of each category of pupil.
(B) The department of education shall create a performance management section on the department’s public web site. The performance management section shall include information on academic and financial performance metrics for each school district to assist schools and districts in providing an effective and efficient delivery of educational services. The section shall be located in a prominent location on the department’s public web site. The section shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following:
(1) A graph that illustrates the relationship between a district’s academic performance, as measured by the performance index score, and its expenditure per equivalent pupils as compared to similar districts;
(2) Each district’s total operating expenditures per pupil;
(3) Statistics of academic and financial performance measures for each district to allow for a comparison and benchmarking between districts.
(C) The department may contract with an independent organization to develop and host the performance management section of its web site.
Amended by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 477, §1, eff. 4/8/2019.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.