(A) As used in this section :
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3705.40
- File: means the presentation of vital records for registration by the office of vital statistics. See Ohio Code 3705.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- State registrar: means the head of the office of vital statistics in the department of health. See Ohio Code 3705.01
- Vital records: means certificates or reports of birth, death, fetal death, marriage, divorce, dissolution of marriage, annulment, and data related thereto and other documents maintained as required by statute. See Ohio Code 3705.01
(1) “Board of health” means a board of health of a city or general health district or the authority having the duties of a board of health under section 3709.05 of the Revised Code.
(2) “Geocoding” means a geographic information system (GIS) operation for converting street addresses into spatial data that can be displayed as features on a map, usually by referencing address information from a street segment data layer.
(B) The state registrar shall ensure that each board of health has access to preliminary birth and death data maintained by the department of health, as well as access to any electronic system of vital records the state registrar or department of health maintains, including the Ohio public health information warehouse. To the extent possible, the preliminary data shall be provided in a format that permits geocoding. If the state registrar requires a board to enter into a data use agreement before accessing such data or systems, the state registrar shall provide each board with an application for this purpose and, if requested, assist with the application’s completion.
(C) The state registrar shall provide the users of the preliminary data and electronic systems described in division (B) of this section with a data analysis tool kit that assists the users with using the data in a manner that promotes consistency and accuracy among users. The tool kit shall include a data dictionary and sample data analyses.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 332, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.