Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 1785 - Professional Associations
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Professional association: means an association organized under this chapter for the sole purpose of rendering one of the professional services authorized under Chapter 4701. See Ohio Code 1785.01
- Professional service: means any type of professional service that may be performed only pursuant to a license, certificate, or other legal authorization issued pursuant to Chapter 4701. See Ohio Code 1785.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59