Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 3796
- agriculture: includes farming; ranching; aquaculture; algaculture meaning the farming of algae; apiculture and related apicultural activities, production of honey, beeswax, honeycomb, and other related products; horticulture; viticulture, winemaking, and related activities; animal husbandry, including, but not limited to, the care and raising of livestock, equine, and fur-bearing animals; poultry husbandry and the production of poultry and poultry products; dairy production; the production of field crops, tobacco, fruits, vegetables, nursery stock, ornamental shrubs, ornamental trees, flowers, sod, or mushrooms; timber; pasturage; any combination of the foregoing; the processing, drying, storage, and marketing of agricultural products when those activities are conducted in conjunction with, but are secondary to, such husbandry or production; and any additions or modifications to the foregoing made by the director of agriculture by rule adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. See Ohio Code 1.61
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Drug database: means the database established and maintained by the state board of pharmacy pursuant to section 4729. See Ohio Code 3796.01
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Marijuana: means marihuana as defined in section 3719. See Ohio Code 3796.01
- Medical marijuana: means marijuana that is cultivated, processed, dispensed, tested, possessed, or used for a medical purpose. See Ohio Code 3796.01
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Physician: means an individual authorized under Chapter 4731. See Ohio Code 3796.01
- Population: means that shown by the most recent regular federal census. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Property: means real and personal property. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Qualifying medical condition: means any of the following:
(a) Acquired immune deficiency syndrome;
(b) Alzheimer's disease;
(c) Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
(e) Chronic traumatic encephalopathy;
(f) Crohn's disease;
(g) Epilepsy or another seizure disorder;
(j) Hepatitis C;
(k) Inflammatory bowel disease;
(l) Multiple sclerosis;
(m) Pain that is either of the following:
(i) Chronic and severe;
(ii) Intractable. See Ohio Code 3796.01
- Rule: includes regulation. See Ohio Code 1.59
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes all the states. See Ohio Code 1.59