(1) Subject to ORS 174.108, as used in the statutes of this state ‘special government body’ means any of the following:
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 174.117
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- local government: means all cities, counties and local service districts located in this state, and all administrative subdivisions of those cities, counties and local service districts. See Oregon Statutes 174.116
- public body: means state government bodies, local government bodies and special government bodies. See Oregon Statutes 174.109
- special government body: means any of the following:
(a) A public corporation created under a statute of this state and specifically designated as a public corporation. See Oregon Statutes 174.117
- state government: means the executive department, the judicial department and the legislative department. See Oregon Statutes 174.111
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(a) A public corporation created under a statute of this state and specifically designated as a public corporation.
(b) A school district.
(c) A public charter school established under ORS chapter 338.
(d) An education service district.
(e) A community college district or community college service district established under ORS chapter 341.
(f) An intergovernmental body formed by two or more public bodies.
(g) Any entity that is created by statute, ordinance or resolution that is not part of state government or local government.
(h) Any entity that is not otherwise described in this section that is:
(A) Not part of state government or local government;
(B) Created pursuant to authority granted by a statute, ordinance or resolution, but not directly created by that statute, ordinance or resolution; and
(C) Identified as a governmental entity by the statute, ordinance or resolution authorizing the creation of the entity, without regard to the specific terms used by the statute, ordinance or resolution.
(i) A public university listed in ORS 352.002.
(2) Subject to ORS 174.108, as used in the statutes of this state ‘special government body’ includes:
(a) An entity created by statute for the purpose of giving advice only to a special government body;
(b) An entity created by a special government body for the purpose of giving advice to the special government body, if the document creating the entity indicates that the entity is a public body; and
(c) Any entity created by a special government body described in subsection (1) of this section, other than an entity described in paragraph (b) of this subsection, unless the document creating the entity indicates that the entity is not a governmental entity or the entity is not subject to any substantial control by the special government body. [2001 c.74 § 8; 2013 c.768 § 54; 2015 c.767 § 50]