Terms Used In Oregon Statutes > Chapter 684
- Active senior: means a person who:
(a) Is licensed under ORS 684. See Oregon Statutes 684.010
- Articles of organization: means the document described in ORS 63. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Chiropractic physician: means a person licensed by ORS 677. See Oregon Statutes 684.010
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contribution: means anything of value that a person contributes to the limited liability company as a prerequisite for or in connection with membership including cash, property or services rendered or a promissory note or other binding obligation to contribute cash or property or to perform services. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Distribution: means a direct or indirect transfer of money or other property, except of a limited liability company's own interests, or a limited liability company's incurrence of indebtedness to or for the benefit of the limited liability company's members in respect of a member's interests, whether in the form of a declaration or payment of profits, a purchase, retirement or other acquisition of interests, a distribution of indebtedness, or otherwise. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Drugs: means all medicines and preparations and all substances, except over-the-counter nonprescription substances, food, water and nutritional supplements taken orally, used or intended to be used for the diagnosis, cure, treatment, mitigation or prevention of diseases or abnormalities of humans, which are recognized in the latest editions of the official United States Pharmacopoeia, official Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia, official National Formulary, or any supplement to any of them, or otherwise established as drugs. See Oregon Statutes 684.010
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Jurisprudence: The study of law and the structure of the legal system.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Manager: means a person, not necessarily a member, that the members of a manager-managed limited liability company designate to manage the limited liability company's business and affairs. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Manager-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company that is designated as a manager-managed limited liability company in the limited liability company's articles of organization or the articles of organization of which otherwise expressly provide that a manager will manage the limited liability company. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Member: means a person with both an ownership interest in a limited liability company and all the rights and obligations of a member specified under this chapter. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Member-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company other than a manager-managed limited liability company. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Membership interest: means a member's collective rights in a limited liability company, including the member's share of profits and losses of the limited liability company, the right to receive distributions of the limited liability company's assets and any right to vote or participate in management. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Minor surgery: means the use of electrical or other methods for the surgical repair and care incident thereto of superficial lacerations and abrasions, benign superficial lesions, and the removal of foreign bodies located in the superficial structures; and the use of antiseptics and local anesthetics in connection therewith. See Oregon Statutes 684.010
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Operating agreement: means any valid agreement, written or oral, of the member or members as to the affairs of a limited liability company and the conduct of the limited liability company's business. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Person: means an individual or entity. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Proceeding: means any threatened, pending or completed action, suit or proceeding whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigatory and whether formal or informal. See Oregon Statutes 63.001
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- State Treasury: includes those financial assets the lawful custody of which are vested in the State Treasurer and the office of the State Treasurer relating to the custody of those financial assets. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- United States: includes territories, outlying possessions and the District of Columbia. See Oregon Statutes 174.100