Any American Indian or Native American whose certified copy of a birth record contains a racial designation that is incorrect may, without paying a fee, obtain one certified copy of his or her birth record from which the incorrect racial designation has been amended. The person requesting the birth record shall provide satisfactory proof from a tribal authority.

History of Section.
(P.L. 1998, ch. 309, § 1.)

Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws 23-3-24.1