(a) A person eligible to receive a grant, loan, or contract under this chapter, and the department‘s regulations adopted pursuant thereto, may make an application for the loan, grant, or contract in such form as may be required by the department.
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-14
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of environmental management. See Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-3
- Litter: means garbage, trash, waste, rubbish, ashes, cans, bottles, wire, paper, cartons, boxes, automobile parts, furniture, glass, or anything else of an unsightly or unsanitary nature thrown, dropped, discarded, placed, or deposited by a person on public property, on private property not owned by the person, or in or on waters of the state, unless the person has:
(i) Been directed to do so by a public official as part of a litter collection drive;
(ii) Discarded, thrown, dropped, placed, or discarded the material in a litter receptacle in a manner that prevented the material from being carried away by the elements; or
(iii) Been issued a license or permit covering the material pursuant to chapters 18. See Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-3
- Person: means any natural person, political subdivision, government agency, public or private corporation, partnership, joint venture, association, firm, individual proprietorship, or other entity whatsoever. See Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-3
- Program: means those activities of the department to encourage, manage, and fund litter control and recycling pursuant to this chapter. See Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-3
- Recycling: means the reuse of recovered resources in manufacturing, agriculture, power production, or other processes. See Rhode Island General Laws 37-15-3
(b) The department shall grant or loan funds, and contract for services from the litter control account to an eligible person who has submitted an application for funds upon determining that the plan submitted by the person is qualified and suitable for purposes of the program.
(c) The department shall require periodic reports to be filed by grant recipients. The department shall review, evaluate, and follow up on any actions taken by grant recipients to ensure that the purposes of this chapter are being achieved.
(d) The department shall require that grant recipients post a recycling and redemption rate schedule for public inspection.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 251, § 2; P.L. 1989, ch. 372, § 1.)