|§ 5-78-2||Contract requirements|
|§ 5-78-3||Unfair trade practice|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 5-78
- Buyer: means any person entering into a social referral services contract with a seller;
(b) "Person" means a natural person, partnership, corporation, association or any other legal entity;
(c) "Seller" means any person offering social referral services; and
(d) "Social referral services" means dating, matrimonial or personal referral services by any of the following means:
(1) An exchange of names, telephone numbers, addresses and statistics;
(2) A photograph or video selection process;
(3) Personal introductions provided by the seller of the seller's place of business; or
(4) A social environment provided by the seller intended primarily as an alternative to singles' bars or club type environments. See Rhode Island General Laws 5-78-1.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8.