(1) "Real property" shall mean not only land, city, town and village lots but also all structures and other things therein contained or annexed or attached thereto which pass to the vendee by the conveyance of the land or lot;
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 12-37-10
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes any individual, trust, estate, partnership, receiver, association, company, limited liability company, corporation, or other entity or group; and
(2) "individual" means a human being. See South Carolina Code 12-2-20
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
(2) "Personal property" shall mean all things, other than real estate, which have any pecuniary value, and moneys, credits, investments in bonds, stocks, joint-stock companies or otherwise;
(3) "Moneys" or "money" shall mean gold, silver and other coin, bank bills and other bills or notes authorized to be circulated as money, whether in possession or on deposit subject to the draft of the depositor or person having the beneficial interest therein on demand;
(4) "Credits" shall mean the remainder due, or to become due, to a person, after deducting from the amount of all legal debts, claims and demands in his favor the amount of all legal debts and demands against him, whether such demands be payable in money, labor or other valuable things, but, in ascertaining such remainder, no deduction shall be made for any (a) obligation to any mutual insurance company given for insurance, (b) subscription to the capital stock of any joint-stock company, (c) taxes assessed against the person, (d) subscription to any religious, scientific, literary or charitable purpose, (e) acknowledgment of a liability not founded on a legal and valuable consideration, (f) more of any joint liability with others than the person honestly believes he will be compelled to pay, (g) contingent liability or (h) acknowledgment of a debt or liability made for the purpose of diminishing the amount of credit to be returned for taxation.
(5) "Investment in bonds" shall be held to mean all investments of money or means in bonds of whatever kind, whether issued by the government of the United States, this or any other state or territory of the United States, any foreign government, any county, city, town or other municipality or any corporation or company of this or any other state or country;
(6) "Investment in stocks" shall mean all investments of money or means in evidences of indebtedness, other than bonds or bills designed to circulate as money, issued by any government or municipality, shares of the capital of any corporation, company or association and every interest in any such shares or portion thereof and all interests or shares in ships, boats or other vessels used or designed to be used exclusively or partially in navigating the waters within or bordering on this State, whether any such ship, boat or vessel be within the jurisdiction of this State or not and whether such vessel be registered or licensed at any collector’s office in this State or not; and
(7) "Oath" shall mean and include an affirmation duly made.