(1) In the case of shares, the highest closing sale price of a share during the thirty-day period immediately preceding the date in question on the composite tape for New York Stock Exchange listed shares, or, if the shares are not quoted on the composite tape or not listed on the New York Stock Exchange, on the principal United States securities exchange registered under the Exchange Act on which the shares are listed, or, if the shares are not listed on any such exchange, the highest closing bid quotation with respect to a share during the thirty-day period preceding the date in question on the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., Automated Quotations System or any system then in use, or if no such quotation is available, the fair market value on the date in question of a share as determined by the board of directors of the resident domestic corporation in good faith.
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 35-2-211
- Exchange Act: means the act of Congress known as the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. See South Carolina Code 35-2-209
- resident domestic corporation: means a domestic corporation that has a class of voting shares registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission or another federal agency under Section 12 of the 1934 Exchange Act. See South Carolina Code 35-2-213
- share: means :
(1) any share or similar security, any certificate of interest, and participation in any profit sharing agreement, any voting trust certificate, or any certificate of deposit for a share; and
(2) any security convertible, with or without consideration, into shares, or any warrant, call, or other option or privilege of buying shares without being bound to do so, or any other security carrying any right to acquire, subscribe to, or purchase shares. See South Carolina Code 35-2-214
(2) In the case of property other than cash or shares, the fair market value of the property on the date in question as determined by the board of directors of the resident domestic corporation in good faith.