(1) "Analysis" means a study of real estate or real property other than one estimating value.
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 40-60-20
- Department: means the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation;
(5) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation or the director's official designee;
(6) "Licensee" means a person granted an authorization to practice pursuant to this article and refers to a person holding a license, permit, certification, or registration granted pursuant to this article;
(7) "Licensing act" means the individual statute or regulations, or both, of each regulated profession or occupation which include, but are not limited to, board governance, the qualifications and requirements for authorization to practice, prohibitions, and disciplinary procedures;
(8) "Person" means an individual, partnership, or corporation;
(9) "Profession" or "occupation" means a profession or occupation regulated or administered, or both, by the department pursuant to this article. See South Carolina Code 40-1-20
(2) "Appraisal", as a noun, means the act or process of developing an opinion of value; as an adjective, "appraisal" means of or pertaining to appraising and related functions including, but not limited to, appraisal practice and appraisal services.
(3) "Appraisal assignment" or "valuation assignment" means an engagement for which an appraiser is employed or retained to act, or would be perceived by third parties or the public as acting, as a disinterested third party in rendering an unbiased analysis, opinion, or conclusion that estimates the value of real estate.
(4) "Appraisal Foundation" means the Appraisal Foundation established on November 30, 1987, as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of Illinois, containing the Appraisal Standards Board (ASB), Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB), a board of trustees, and other advisory bodies.
(5) "Appraisal report" means any communication, written or oral, of an appraisal. The testimony of an individual dealing with the analyses, conclusions, or opinions concerning identified real estate or real property may be considered to be an oral appraisal report.
(6) "Appraisal subcommittee" means the designees of the heads of the federal financial institutions regulatory agencies established by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. Section 3301, et seq.), as amended, as well as the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, or his designee, under the Department of Housing and Urban Development Reform Act of 1989 (12 U.S.C. Section 1708(e)).
(7) "Appraiser" means a person who holds a permit, license, or certification issued by the board that allows the person to appraise real property.
(8) "Apprentice appraiser" means an individual authorized by permit to assist a state-certified appraiser in the performance of an appraisal if the apprentice is actively and personally supervised by the certified appraiser.
(9) "Board" means the South Carolina Real Estate Appraisers Board established pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(10) "Complex residential property appraisal" means one in which the property to be appraised, the form of ownership, or market conditions are atypical.
(11) "Federally related transaction" means any real estate-related financial transaction which a federal financial institution regulatory agency engages in, contracts for, or regulates.
(12) "Market analysis" means a study of real estate market conditions for a specific type of property.
(13) "Mass appraisal" means the process of valuing a universe of properties as of a given date using standard methodology, employing common data, and allowing for statistical testing.
(14) "Mass appraiser" means any appraiser who is employed in the office of a tax assessor to appraise real property for ad valorem tax purposes and who is licensed or certified as a mass appraiser.
(15) "Noncomplex residential property appraisal" means one in which the property to be appraised, the form of ownership, and market conditions are those which are typically found in the subject market.
(16) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, or association, foreign and domestic.
(17) "Real estate" means an identified parcel or tract of land including improvements, if any.
(18) "Real estate appraisal activity" means the act or process of performing an appraisal and preparing an appraisal report.
(19) "Real property" means the interests, benefits, and rights inherent in the ownership of real estate.
(20) "Residential appraisal" is an appraisal of a vacant or improved parcel of land that is devoted to or available for use as a one to four family abode including, but not limited to, a single family home, apartment, or rooming house.
(21) "Standards of professional appraisal practice" or "USPAP" means the National Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice as adopted by the Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation and adopted by the board.
(22) "State-certified general appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in the appraisal of all types of real property.
(23) "State-certified general mass appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in all types of real estate mass appraisal activity for ad valorem purposes.
(24) "State-certified residential appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in the appraisal of one to four residential units without regard to transaction value or complexity and nonresidential appraisals with a transaction value less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(25) "State-certified residential mass appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in the mass appraisal of one to four residential units without regard to value or complexity and nonresidential appraisals with a transaction value less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(26) "State-licensed appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in the appraisal of noncomplex one to four residential units having a transaction value less than one million dollars and complex one to four residential units and nonresidential appraisals having a transaction value less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(27) "State-licensed mass appraiser" means an appraiser authorized to engage in the mass appraisal of noncomplex one to four residential units having a transaction value less than one million dollars and complex one to four residential units and nonresidential appraisals having a transaction value less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(28) "Timberland" means forestland that is producing or is capable of producing timber as a crop.
(29) "Valuation" means an estimate of the value of real estate or real property.