(1) "API-ASME" means the American Petroleum Institute-American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
(2) "ASME" means the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
(3) "Board" means the Contractors’ Licensing Board.
(4) "Boiler" means a closed vessel in which water or other liquid is heated, steam or vapor is generated, or steam is superheated, or in which any combination of these functions is accomplished, under pressure or vacuum, for use externally to itself, by the direct application of energy from the combustion of fuels or from electrical, solar, or nuclear energy. The term "boiler" includes fired units for heating or vaporizing liquids other than water where these units are separate from processing systems and are complete within themselves. The term "boiler" is further defined to include any of the following terms:
(a) "heating boiler" means a steam or vapor boiler operating at pressures not exceeding 15 psig or a hot water boiler operating at pressures not exceeding 160 psig or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees Fahrenheit; or
(b) "high pressure, high temperature water boiler" means a water boiler operating at pressures exceeding 160 psig or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees Fahrenheit; or
(c) "power boiler" means a boiler in which steam or other vapor is generated at a pressure of more than 15 psig.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
(6) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
(7) "Owner" means the person or persons who own or operate any business operating a boiler required to be registered under this chapter.