|§ 39-16-20||Applicability of chapter|
|§ 39-16-30||General prohibitions; applicability to “reproductions”|
|§ 39-16-40||Disclosure requirements|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 39 > Chapter 16 - Sale of Fine Prints; Disclosure Requirements
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Art merchant: means a person who:
(1) deals in fine prints to which this article is applicable; or
(2) by his occupation holds himself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to such works; or
(3) to whom such knowledge or skill may be attributed by his employment of an agent or other intermediary who by his occupation holds himself out as having such knowledge or skill; or
(4) is a professional auctioneer who holds himself out as having knowledge or skill peculiar to fine prints to which this article is applicable and who sells these works at public auctions. See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Artist: means any person who conceived or created:
(1) the master image for a fine print; or
(2) the master image which served as the model for a fine print. See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fine print: means a printed image on paper or any other suitable substance which has been taken off a plate by printing, stamping, casting, or any other process commonly used in the graphic arts and includes engraving, etching, woodcut, lithograph, or serigraph. See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, auctioneer, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity that does not have the knowledge or skill of an art merchant as described in § 39-16-10(d). See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Plate: means a plate, stone, block, or other material used to create a fine print or from which a fine print is taken. See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Print: means a fine print. See South Carolina Code 39-16-10
- Telephone cooperative: means a corporation which is financed, now or formerly, in whole or in part by the Department of Agriculture made under the provisions of the Rural Electric Act of 1936, Title 26, Section 922 of the United States Code, and acts amendatory thereto for the purposes of owning or operating in this State equipment or facilities for the transmission of intelligence through a communication service system including, but not limited to, telephone services, mobile radio, and cable television on a cooperative basis as is tax exempt pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code 501(c)(12) or an association of like corporations exempt from tax pursuant to 501(c)(6), or operated under a cooperative basis pursuant to Subchapter T of the Internal Revenue Code and originally incorporated pursuant to Title 33, Chapter 45 of the South Carolina Code of Laws or this chapter. See South Carolina Code 33-46-20
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.