Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 39 > Chapter 24
- association: means any corporation organized under this chapter. See South Carolina Code 33-47-20
- Brand name: means the proprietary or trade name placed upon a drug, its container, label or wrapping at the time of packaging;
(2) "Generic name" means the United States Adopted Name (USAN) or the official title of a drug published in the latest edition of a nationally recognized pharmacopoeia or formulary;
(3) "Substitute" means to dispense, with the practitioner's authorization, a "therapeutically equivalent" generic drug product of identical drug salt or an interchangeable biological product in place of the drug or biological product ordered or prescribed;
(4) "Therapeutically equivalent" means the same efficacy and toxicity when administered to an individual in the same dosage form; and
(5) "Practitioner" means a physician, osteopath, dentist, podiatrist, veterinarian, or any other person authorized to prescribe drugs under the laws of this State. See South Carolina Code 39-24-20
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.