Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 48 > Chapter 33
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- forest fire: as used in this chapter , means any fire burning uncontrolled on any land covered wholly or in part by timber, brush, grass or other inflammable vegetation. See South Carolina Code 48-33-30
- Hospital: means a hospital licensed, accredited, or approved under the laws of this State and includes a hospital operated by the United States or the State or its subdivisions, although not required to be licensed under state law. See South Carolina Code 44-43-910
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Organ and Tissue Procurement Organization: means the organ procurement organization designated to perform organ recovery services in South Carolina by the United States Department of Health and Human Services which also has the capability to procure tissue. See South Carolina Code 44-43-910