|§ 59-34-10||Short title|
|§ 59-34-30||Entitlement to individualized education program; assessment; instruction in braille|
|§ 59-34-40||Sufficiency of instruction required; particulars of individualized education program|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 59 > Chapter 34 - Blind Persons' Literacy Rights and Education
- Blind student: means an individual who is eligible for special education services and who:
(a) has a visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting lenses or has a limited field of vision such that the widest diameter subtends an angular distance of no greater than twenty degrees; or
(b) has a medically indicated expectation of visual deterioration. See South Carolina Code 59-34-20
- Braille: means the system of reading and writing through touch commonly known as standard English Braille. See South Carolina Code 59-34-20
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Individualized education program: means a written statement developed for a student eligible for special education services pursuant to Section 602(a)(20) of Part A of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U. See South Carolina Code 59-34-20
- Marina: means a facility which provides mooring or dry storage for watercraft. See South Carolina Code 50-21-10
- Mile: means one nautical mile, being six thousand seventy-six feet. See South Carolina Code 50-5-15
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Owner: means a person, other than a lienholder, who claims lawful possession of a vessel or outboard motor by virtue of legal title or equitable interest in it which entitled him to possession. See South Carolina Code 50-21-10
- Person: means an individual, a partnership, a firm, a corporation, an association, or other legal entity. See South Carolina Code 50-21-10
- Take: means to harass intentionally, hunt, capture, gather, harvest, remove, catch, wound, or kill or attempt to harass, hunt, capture, gather, harvest, remove, catch, wound, or kill. See South Carolina Code 50-5-15
- Use: means operate, navigate, or employ. See South Carolina Code 50-21-10