The court may change the place of trial in the following cases:
(1) When the county designated for that purpose in the complaint is not the proper county;
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 15-5-11
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
(2) Where there is reason to believe that an impartial trial cannot be had therein;
(3) When the convenience of witnesses, and the ends of justice would be promoted by the change.
Source: SDC 1939 & Supp 1960, § 33.0306.